DSAC’S PRESIDENTIAL EMPLOYMENT STIMULUS PROGAM – “BANKING WITH ART – CONNECTING LIVES”
The Art Bank of South Africa in partnership with the Cultural and Creative Industries Federation (CCIFSA) is inviting artists from all Provinces to apply for the opportunity to create artworks for the ArtbankSA’s consideration as part of economic recovery. The program is a response to a clarion call by the Honorable President for job creation with a focus on youth, women and people with disability.
The project covers all corners of the country and is open to all visual artists who wish to participate in the program. A focus will be given to involving all 54 District Municipalities including the Metros with the assistance of CCIFSA provincial sector representatives.
The program seeks to enable emerging artists to create artworks to be managed by the Art Bank of South Africa (ArtbankSA). The ArtbankSA will, if possible curate the selected works acquired, compile a catalogue and possibly distribute the works in selected government buildings on a lease basis. The artworks will become a property of the ArtbankSA.
The monthly salary will be R5 700 for the candidate.
The following is the qualifying criteria for an artist that wishes to participate on the above-mentioned program:
- Applications should be submitted through the attached application form;
- Submit a two (2) page CV, please indicate which province and district you live and work in;
- It will be preferred that artists should have at least two (2) years visual arts experience and must include an artist statement and brief profile;
- Copy of proof that the artist is a South African Citizen or permanent citizen;
- While all emerging artists are encouraged to apply, special focus will be given to applications from youth, women and persons living with disabilities.
- The selected artist will sign a four-month contract with the National Museum, a DSAC agency and the host institution of the ArtbankSA.
SELECTION OF ARTISTS
- Provincial Committees including the ArtbankSA will serve as a panel of adjudicators to go through the applications; and
- Shortlist candidates that fulfill the above criteria;
- Shortlisted candidates will be submitted for approval;
- Communication to successful candidates will be followed by every candidate signing a four months (4) artist contract.
NOTE : Communication will be limited to the short-listed candidates only.
The commencement of the program is envisaged to be 1 December 2020 .The period of this job opportunity is four months (4) months to the end of March 2021.
Participating candidates will be required to submit monthly reports to the ArtbankSA through CCIFSA.
Closing date for applications is the 20 November 2020.
Download Banking with Art – Connecting Lives Art Commissioning Program Form
|1. Howard Msomi||KwaZulu Natal||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Cell: 060 473 3712
|2. Banzi Tema||Western Cape||Email: email@example.com|
Cell: 073 260 1372
|3. Joey Mbe||North West||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Cell: 078 472 5691
|4. Mbuyiselo Nqodi||Free State||Email: email@example.com|
Cell: 072 518 0238
|5. Lesiba Mothoa||Gauteng||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Cell: 081 575 8940
|6. Freedom Boikanyo||Limpopo||Email: tokollo941gmail.com|
Cell: 067 109 5023
|7. Louisa Mahlangu||Mpumalanga||Email: email@example.com|
Cell: 072 565 8925
|8. Thabo Motlhabi||Northern Cape||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Cell: 081 265 2543
|9. Nkosikho Skoti||Eastern Cape||Email: email@example.com|
Cell: 083 873 4692