Salary: Based on a parttime hourly rate to the maximum of R7 500 per month
Contract Term: 5 months
Location: Remote work. Incumbents will be assigned a one or parts of the nine provinces (Eastern Cape, the Free State, Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal, Limpopo, Mpumalanga, the Northern Cape, North West and the Western Cape)
The National Museum, Bloemfontein is seeking to appoint Provincial Coordinators for the 2022/2023 Presidential Employment Stimulus Programme (PESP3).
The incumbent will assist with the coordination of three PESP3 programme streams being implemented in each province providing support for the delivery of the project. This will involve providing administrative and project administrative support to assist and coordinate the delivery of the project at a regional level. The incumbents will be required to engage with programme beneficiaries and stakeholders, primarily with resource coordination and management. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of the visual arts scene in South Africa and experience in implementing art projects coordinating artists and multiple stakeholders is recommended.
- Degree or higher in Fine Arts
- Track record of project administration/ coordination (minimum 2 years).
- Strong knowledge of the visual arts scene and art practices in province applying to coordinate
- Experience in administration, especially of cultural projects
- In-depth understanding of operational characteristics, services, and activities of arts development projects
- Must be set up to work remotely and can work independently
Visit www.nasmus.co.za to see the full job description.
- The National Museum is committed to Employment Equity and aims to attract and retain talented individuals to achieve its equity objectives. Therefore, people from designated groups, including those with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
- The National Museum reserves the right not to fill an advertised position.
- If you meet ALL the stated requirements, kindly e-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, including a covering letter, the application form (obtainable on www.nasmus.co.za), and copy of your identification document, copy of driver’s license, copies of qualifications and a comprehensive CV (including three referees with their contact details).
- Applications not meeting the criteria will be disqualified.
- Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
- Communication will be limited to the short-listed candidates only.
- Short-listed candidates will be subjected to a comprehensive selection process.
- The closing date in respect of these positions will be 21 October 2022.
- Telephonic Enquiries: Nonto Msomi (ArtbankSA) 051 447 9609.
Visit LINK to see the full job description.
DOWNLOAD the application form.
We thank all applicants for their interest.