Does your company or organization operate within the visual arts sector?
Apply to host interns for 4-months between July 2023 and February 2024. Employers can do two cycles of interns during the period if they wish.
Work-Based Experience Host Eligibility
- Galleries, Museums, companies and educational, commercial, government and non-governmental organisations in the arts within the visual arts sector are encouraged to apply.
- Hosts from all provinces are encouraged to apply with a deliberate focus on proposals that target underserviced areas as well as areas with high population density and therefore resultant in high unemployment.
- Be able to host interns on a full-time basis.
- Be able to provide a working environment conducive for the intern to receive experiential learning.
- Once approved, be able to recruit qualified interns in a competitive manner.
Work-Based Experience Programme Description
Under this programme stream, youth graduates will be placed with commercial galleries and visual arts organisations to undergo residency and in house training in areas of curating, collection management, exhibition management, marketing, administration, etc.
Host applications will be subjected to the pre-screening, evaluation, and adjudication process with the final approval of the beneficiaries being made by the Museum’s Council. The Hosts will in turn identify and contract the youth graduates.
After following a fair and competitive recruitment process, the Hosts will only appoint interns that are:
- Between 18-35 years old
- Hold a diploma or degree of NQF6 level or higher preferably in the visual arts sector
- Did not participate on a previous internship funded by the National Museum
- Not already benefiting from the PESP4 programme
Only interns who meet the above criteria will be allowed to participate in the programme. Each intern will receive a monthly stipend of R5 700 for up to four (4) months totaling to R22 800 before statutory deductions.
Work-Based Experience Host Reporting and Transfers
- Hosts will be paid in two tranches for each intern
- Hosts are to provide monthly progress reports in the internship including proof of payment of stipends and bi-monthly host reports.
- PESP Coordinators will conduct monitoring and evaluation including site visits
Work-Based Experience Host Application Criteria
- A completed application form (Motivation to be completed and attached)
- Company Registration OR Organisation Constitution OR Articles and/or Memorandum of Association AND list of Board of Directors/key management/executive members or working committee
- Letter of authority from the Chair of the Board that permits the signatory to sign the MOA and a certified ID copy (If signatory is different to Chairperson or registered Director)
- Proof of office address (Indicate where the intern(s) will be working from)
- Proof of entity bank detail on a stamped bank confirmation letter
- Central Supplier Database (CSD) registration and be SARS Tax compliant
- Be willing to enter into a written Agreement
- Be able to submit reports and with supporting documentation (e.g., proof of payment, attendance registers etc.)
The decision of the Council of the National Museum is final.
Non adherence to the above criteria will result in the application being disqualified.
Visit www.artbanksa.org to download the application and for more information.
Closing Date: The deadline for applications is Friday, 14 April 2023.
Completed applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Queries must be submitted in writing to email@example.com