FIXED TERM POSITION VACANCY
Level: DPSA Level 7
Contract Term: 12 months
The National Museum, Bloemfontein is seeking to appoint a Visual Arts Researcher and Writer primarily for the Art Bank of South Africa programme. The incumbent will work independently to conduct research, write and publish articles on the collection articles. This includes conducting research on the collection and artists represented and publish on current arts industry developments.
- A Master’s Degree in Fine Arts/Art History/ Visual Arts or similar.
- Three years’ experience in a relevant field of visual arts, preferably experience in contemporary art practice.
- A proven publication record of publishing in accredited journals and popular writing. A full list of publications must be submitted with your application.
- Experience conducting research and creating content for a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of contemporary South African and African art and curatorial practices.
- Code 8 Drivers License.
- Probation period applies.
- The National Museum is committed to Employment Equity and aims to attract and retain talented individuals to achieve its equity objectives. Therefore people from designated groups, including those with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
- The National Museum reserves the right not to fill an advertised position.
- If you meet ALL the stated requirements, kindly e-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, including a covering letter, the application form (obtainable on nasmus.co.za), and copy of your identification document, copy of driver’s license, copies of qualifications and a comprehensive CV (including three referees with their contact details).
- Applications not meeting the criteria will be disqualified.
- Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
- Communication will be limited to the short-listed candidates only.
- Short-listed candidates will be subjected to a comprehensive selection process.
- The closing date in respect of these positions will be 20 May 2022.
- Telephonic Enquiries: 051 447 9609
We thank all applicants for their interest.